What is stress?
Stress is the reaction that people have to excessive pressure or demand placed on them. We can’t remove all stress from our lives but we can learn to cope with stressful situations.
- Would you like to be calmer and more relaxed?
- Would you like to sleep better?
- Would you like to know proven tips to reach a state of well-being?
I have written "Six highly effective ways to reduce your stress level!" to share with you techniques to help you cope with stress. To request your free copy, click here
Symptoms of stress
The symptoms of stress are varied and endless but you might well be suffering from stress if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Feeling unable to cope
- General feeling of nervousness
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle tension; neck and back pain
- Frequent headache and migraine
- Feeling isolated and focusing on the negative
- Unable to have fun and enjoy yourself anymore
- Problems concentrating
- Feeling tearful
- Poor immune system, frequent colds
- Comfort eating; loss of appetite
- Increased desire to drink alcohol and smoke
In order to lead a calmer and more fulfilling life you will need to find a way to alleviate the symptoms of stress and learn to manage stress more effectively.
Do something about it - look after yourself!
Reflexology is great for relieving stress and anxiety. It is not only very beneficial in the workplace but can also help people of all ages and walks of life. Stress is very much an individual experience and what one person considers stressful may not be to another.
Stress can therefore affect everybody from school children, teenagers to busy mums and professionals. Even joyful events such as the organisation of a wedding can be stressful and it is very important to take time to relax and experience the feeling of serenity.